How you choose to heat your home is a big decision. It affects many areas of your life––primarily your finances and health. And chances are you didn’t even choose the existing furnace in your own home. The original owner did. His or her needs and lifestyle may have been very different from yours, so the furnace you currently have may not even be addressing your needs. It may be time to upgrade your furnace due to age or if you would prefer something with a higher efficiency. Whatever the reason, our qualified technicians at Pacific Air Heating & Air Conditioning are here to evaluate your home and make sure to guide you toward the right furnace for your needs.
A New Gas Furnace Makes All the Difference
As mentioned above, your current needs for a gas furnace may be different than the needs at the time of the furnace’s purchase. Whether someone else made the purchase or your needs have simply changed, there are important considerations to make when deciding on a new gas furnace for your home. These considerations can make all the difference to your home’s comfort level. Choosing to work with our professionals at Pacific Air Heating & Air Conditioning will help you to include these factors when choosing your new furnace:
- Efficiency –– If your current furnace is older than ten years old, even if it’s still working, chances are it ’s not presenting you with the highest efficiency. Upgrading to a higher-efficiency furnace can offer you savings in your energy bills as well as a more comfortable home.
- Correct Size –– Evaluating your home’s size and needs plays directly into selecting the appropriately sized gas furnace for your home. Your home’s layout may be different now than it was when your existing furnace was purchased. Installing either a too-small or too-large furnace in your home won’t offer you the energy savings or the comfort you’re expecting with a new furnace. It’s critical that the correct size of the equipment and ductwork be installed for your satisfaction.
- Proper Ventilation –– Your home’s ductwork may deteriorate over time, or it may not have been installed correctly in the first place. It’s imperative your ductwork is properly sealed and vented. Without this important step, you may be losing much of your heating-and-cooling energy. Also, your indoor air quality (IAQ) may not be as high as you would like. A thorough evaluation may be in order at this time as well.
- Health Needs –– If your existing gas furnace isn’t operating at its highest efficiency or your HVAC ductwork needs replacing or repairing, your health could be at risk. This is especially true if someone in your home is living with allergies, asthma, a chronic illness, or pets. IAQ is lower than our outdoor air these days. Having the right furnace goes a long way in helping in this area.
- Cost Evaluation –– Though you may think that keeping your existing furnace costs less than upgrading/replacing to a new one, you could be mistaken. Your operating costs could be considerably higher due to your furnace’s low efficiency. Investing in a new high-efficiency gas furnace will reward you over time with lower energy bills and repair bills. Typically, homeowners recoup their costs over the first five years or so.
How Much Money Can a New Furnace Save You?
Our AFUE energy savings calculator can help determine how much you could save on your utility bills. Simply enter your current unit's AFUE value and compare it to a newer, more efficient system. You can even customize it to better match your home's system for a more accurate calculation.
Call us today at 360-357-4328 if you’re even considering a new gas furnace. If your furnace repairs are becoming more frequent or costly, or if you notice your energy bills are increasing, it may be time. We’d be happy to evaluate your home living environment and match it to a gas furnace that will suit your needs. Or if you’re satisfied with your current furnace and would like regular maintenance or need repairs, we’re available to help there as well.
Gas Furnace Maintenance in Olympia, WA 98512
Gas Furnace Installation in Olympia, WA 98502
“Pacific Air has serviced our heating and cooling system for years. They are reliable and operate with high integrity. When it came to replacing the furnace, we didn’t even bother getting other quotes. We trust Pacific Air and they have never let us down. A truly great local company that Olympia should be proud of.”
– Dino P.
Gas Furnace Maintenance in Olympia, WA 98513
“As always we are very satisfied with the maintenance service performed this morning by Pacific Air.
Eric was thorough, knowledgeable and left the workspace immaculate.
– Robert S.
Gas Furnace Repair in Tumwater, WA 98512
“The technician was awesome. He located the problem fast, got it fixed, pointed out another potential issue and let me decide whether to take care of it now (I did) or wait for the next regular service. He was in and out in less than a half hour, nice as can be, and even taught me a few things about my furnace!”
– Kevin C.
Gas Furnace Maintenance in Lacey, WA 98513
“We are doing a move out service and they did an awesome job. I highly recommend them. Thank you!”
– Alexis J.
Gas Furnace Repair in Olympia, WA 98503
“Technician Paul was efficient, skilled and thorough diagnosing our older furnace which had been out for two days. We feel confidant to have Pacific Air replace the furnace with a new one. PA went over and above to get to us, as promised, even though it was
late in the day. The office called to assure us someone was coming.”
– Kris M.
Gas Furnace Maintenance in Dupont, WA 98327
“The service was greatly appreciated. The technician was very polite and knowledgeable. Eric was very helpful and went out of his way to check the electricity in my bathroom with his tool. I offered to give him a tip but he politely declined. Highly recommended!!”
– Maria Vivian G.
Gas Furnace Maintenance in Lacey, WA 98513
“The technician was friendly and helpful. He set my thermostat for me and answered all my questions.”
– Georgia R.
Gas Furnace Maintenance in Rochester, WA 98579
“I have had my furnace maintenance almost yearly and this technician was the ONLY PERSON that has fully taken apart and fully serviced my furnace, now I know what is to be expected from a technician, he was great!”
– Keo L.
Gas Furnace Repair in Olympia, WA 98506
– Gordon B.
Pacific Air Heating and Air Conditioning services Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater, Dupont, Rainier, Rochester, Shelton, Tenino, Yelm, and the surrounding Washington communities with their heating and cooling needs. Visit our service area page for more coverage details, call us at 360-357-4328, or request service online today.